Keeping your food and belongings clean and uncontaminated will be a failure once you let a cockroach infestation happen and thrive in your own home. They may be common home pests but their effects on your health and safety can be majorly damaging and terrifying. It would be a bad idea to deem them as harmless insects, because their mere contact with your supplies can bring forth deadly diseases. That is why our company have stepped forward to bring our local Charlotte NC cockroach control services into the light. We care about your safety and your health and that is why we only bring the best cockroach removal solutions we could offer without taking the qualities of natural and affordable for granted. The treatments may cost you money, but the overall improvement of your well-being will be worth the cheap price.
Basic Information about Cockroaches
Cockroaches are natural travellers, and they quickly adapt to their environment through bodily changes they could take. Depending on the area where you come from, cockroaches will have their own unique form. They could be larger if they live in tropical countries, while some of them learn the ability to fly with adapted wings. Some cockroaches do not really compromise human health because there are species that helps dead plants’ decaying process. The real pests are the cockroaches that live in your home and scavenge for your supplies.
Dangers of Having a Cockroach Infestation
Having cockroaches in your home should not be taken for granted, because they can cause severe diseases that can even cost your own life. Read the following list of the possible dangers of a cockroach infestation:
- Food Contamination. Letting your food be exposed in your kitchen or dining room can be very dangerous during the occurrence of a cockroach infestation. They can easily crawl on your food and start regurgitating their bodily fluids and saliva onto the food. They can also leave debris, hair, dead skin, and eggshells on the food, thus the occurrence of the contamination.
- Food poisoning. Food poisoning happens usually because of food contamination that can be caused by cockroaches. When these creatures crawl on the food or ingredients, a bacterium called salmonella can be transferred, and it can cause typhoid and food poisoning.
- Bacterial Injection. Viruses and bacteria can be transferred to your home because cockroaches like to travel anywhere, especially in the dirtiest places you can think of like public toilets and sewers. Some of these pathogens can cause digestive problems, urinary tract infections, and sepsis.
- Body bites. When these insects feel threatened, they could bite you in any part of your body. These body bites can be quite uncommon, but it is still possible.
- Body invasion. Sleeping heavily can cause you to not feel them crawl on your body. Cockroaches like to invade body orifices like the ears and mouth, so it could get you in big trouble once they find those openings.
- Asthma. Cockroaches will leave debris, allergens, and other particles that can induce asthma attacks. Inhaling these particles, even though you do not have asthma in the first place, can make you develop the illness.
- Allergies. Aside from the debris, allergens from cockroach saliva, droppings, and shedding exist. These allergens attack a person’s system thus making the body produce histamines. Allergic reactions can be confirmed if a person is having watery eyes, wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath.
Important Details about Cockroaches
When you live with cockroaches all your life, you may feel that you have already got used to them and that you know everything about how they live. But do think that you will never get immune to their presence and waste, and you could be missing information about them that can lead you to eliminate them all for good. Take no time to waste, and read the following list of information regarding cockroach infestation:
- They usually lurk at night. This is why you do not see any of them during the day, or at most you see only a few of them during the day. With the darkness and the shadows, they can scavenge more freely, especially when they can fly. Overall, all cockroaches move very fast among scavenging areas.
- They may have entered through holes. It is best to secure all exposed spaces from the outdoors. They can be small holes, but these holes are enough for these insects to come in. Another way for them to enter your home is through sticking to your clothes or hiding in your bags.
- They love being near your home’s supplies and temperature. Your home is attractive to them because you have all the things they need for survival: warmth, food, water, and an unthreatening breeding area. You might want to check in unkempt boxes and drawers to locate their breeding grounds.
- One visible cockroach means a lot more than you think. As said above, it is very rare to find even just one cockroach during the day, because they are nocturnal by nature. But when you do see them at that time, you are in one deep trouble. That could only mean that their breeding area is already overflowing with their population, and they now have to cast out others to make more room.
- You will need our professional help to eliminate them. Get in touch with Charlotte NC cockroach exterminators for assistance.